With many physicians converting their practices over to electronic medical records, the Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) Management course enables the student to explore all aspects of EMR software using Wolf Medical Systems. The student will implement, use and become familiar with EMRs. Through lectures, exercises and hands-on practical experience, both from an administrative and clinical perspective, the student will navigate EMRs and manage the input and retrieval of electronic data. This course is a required component of the MOA program, however it may be taken on its own by former MOA graduates and other interested healthcare workers.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of OFFC 1055 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Sep 10 - Sat Dec 03 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 43418
Class meeting times
|Sep 10 - Dec 03||Sat||09:00 - 12:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
*Online delivery, this is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. *Computer, Microphone, and Webcam required. * Minimum typing speed of 35wpm recommended for this class. * Attendance to the first class is mandatory, no late registrations. * No class October 8th.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Efficiently perform tasks using the Wolf Medical Systems software.
- Describe the core functions of an electronic medical record system.
- Define Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and list its benefits.
- Organize and configure an EMR system.
- Configure an electronic appointment book.
- Manage EMR clinical documents accurately.
- Manage clinical tasks in Workdesk.
- Enter patient medical information in Workdesk.
- Manage incoming and outgoing referrals.
- Generate accurate medical bills using the Wolf Medical Systems.
- Manage EMR administrative documents accurately.
Effective as of Fall 2018
Electronic Medical Records (OFFC 1055) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Medical Office Assistant
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Electronic Medical Records (OFFC 1055)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.