Student Summer Memberships
If your classes are finished for the semester, but you still want to use the recreation centre you can register for a student summer membership at the SE16 front desk. This membership allows you to continue to use the recreation centre while you’re on a break from your studies.
The membership costs $25 per month and grants you all the same amenities being an active student does.
*This membership is only eligible for BCIT students who will be returning to classes before or during the Fall semester.*
For BCIT students, faculty & staff
While at BCIT, current students*, staff, and faculty receive a complimentary membership with free access to the following:
- Fitness Centre (Weight room)
- Gymnasium: open gym times
- Drop-in gym times
- Change rooms and shower facilities
- TV lounge area
- Outdoor track, outdoor basketball courts, tennis courts, frisbee golf, and ping-pong table
* Current students: all full-time and part-time students, from the first day of course(s) until the last day of course(s) only.
With a fee, BCIT students in courses, staff, and faculty have access to the following:
For general public
General public members gain access to the following:
- Fitness Centre (Weight room) (Burnaby Campus only)
- Change rooms and shower facilities (Burnaby Campus only)
- TV lounge area (Burnaby Campus only)
Graduates of BCIT will be able to sign up for a discount on a BCIT Recreation Membership through an alumni app. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Single-Use||1 Month||3 Month||12 Month|
* All Public Memberships must be purchased at the Recreation Services front desk in SE16
** A valid BCIT Alumni card is required to receive discounted rates.
For a fee, the general public has access to the following services and facilities – membership not required.
Refund requests must be accompanied by documentation, such as (but not limited to) the following:
- Receipt of written medical recommendation from a doctor.
- Written appeal that outlines the condition or set of circumstances that would prevent you from participating in BCIT Recreation activities.
With such documentation, patrons will receive a prorated refund as follows:
- 0-20% used: 75% refund
- 21-49% used: 45% refund
- Over 50% used: no refund
Please visit our Guidelines and Expectations page regarding use of the facility and Recreation Services’ programming.