The Automotive Service Technician and Operations Non-Co-op Option is for international students who:
- Want to complete a two-year apprenticeship technical training Diploma program for entry into the automotive service and repair industry.
- Desire a position as a manager, supervisor, service advisor, or parts person in the automotive service and repair industry or
- Want to earn the diploma as a pathway to a bachelor’s degree.
The Non-Co-op option of the Automotive Service Technician and Operations program provides international students with additional in-shop training time at BCIT for technical training, English, and hands-on skill development.
Graduates of the program will learn to:
- Integrate and apply theoretical concepts to the diagnosis, service, and repair of automotive systems.
- Apply research techniques to locate automotive service information.
- Integrate principles of sustainability into practice within their role in the automotive service industry.
- Communicate in a professional manner in written documentation and in personal presentation.
- Apply business operations management practices to the automotive industry.
- Perform tasks as an integral part of a team.
- Demonstrate behaviour that is consistent with academic and professional ethics and integrity.
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.