BCIT Trades Discovery for Women is pleased to announce that we have grants available to cover: tuition, student fees and most supplies for the January 4th, 2022 intake. Contact us for more information and to confirm your eligibility.
The Trades Discovery programs are designed to allow participants extensive access to the available trades and technical training at BCIT campuses. These highly practical and relevant training programs prepare participants to successfully enter and complete trades/technical training or seek apprenticeship.
Program delivery mode: blended
- This program will be delivered as a combination of online and on-campus learning for the coming term. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Students gain hands-on experience in approximately 15 different trades disciplines. Some examples of activities are: lay out and fabrication, general piping, framing, welding, wiring and working on mechanical systems in automobiles, aircraft, and heavy equipment.
The programs include two weeks of unpaid work experience, partnering education with industry and the community. Students will be trained and certified in the following:
- Lift Truck Operator (forklift training)
- Scissor Lift Operator “New”
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
Students will explore a variety of programs from the following sectors:
Meet one of our grads
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.