The Trades Discovery programs are designed to allow participants extensive access to the available trades and technical training at BCIT campuses. These highly practical and relevant training programs prepare participants to successfully enter and complete trades/technical training or seek apprenticeship.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: blended
Due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic the following variances have been made to the delivery of your program:
- This program will be delivered for the fall semester as a combination of online and on-campus learning. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- You will be required to have a reliable internet connection, a computer with camera and microphone. (please contact us if you require access to these resources).
- Some of your hands-on, in-the-shop sessions may be held on a morning shift (0700,0800,0900 start), afternoon shift (1200,1300,1400,1500 start), or at reduced in-session hours.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- TEXP 1000 Occupational First Aid Level One has been replaced with TEXP 1001 Mobile Elevating Work Platform – Scissor Lift Operator
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Students gain hands-on experience in approximately 15 different trades disciplines. Some examples of activities are: lay out and fabrication, general piping, framing, welding, wiring and working on mechanical systems in automobiles, aircraft, and heavy equipment.
The programs include two weeks of unpaid work experience, partnering education with industry and the community. Students will be trained and certified in the following:
- Lift Truck Operator (forklift training)
- Scissor Lift Operator “New”
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS)
Students will explore a variety of programs from the following sectors:
Meet one of our grads
Costs & Supplies
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.