The BCIT credential laddering model allows students to complete a BCIT credential and then continue their education or seek employment. Students may also return to further their education at a later date.
- 30 Credits at an average of $300 per credit
- A specialized training program, combining the applied theory and practical skills to work in a particular field.
- Ability to take one course (or more) at a time, over a period of months or years.
- Graduate with an Associate Certificate or Certificate credential.
- Intense, longer programs of study
- 91% Employment Rate
- 120 credits at an average of $300 per credit
- Studies combine applied theory and practical skills.
- Generally completed through full-time studies.
- Designed for the college, technical institute or university graduate
- Recognized as a mark of excellence by business and industry
- Highly specialized advanced training programs build on prior education and experience
- 98% employment rate
- A recognized bachelor’s credential and practical training for job readiness.
- Focused on applied learning to ensure that students graduate not only with theoretical knowledge but also with the competencies to apply that knowledge to the workforce.
- All BCIT degrees include academic specialty courses, management studies, and liberal studies.
- All BCIT master’s degrees include coursework and a research component and resemble traditional models in their quality and rigour.
- However, a distinct BCIT applied education is embedded into the degree structure.
- Coursework includes both advanced studies in the particular area of study and study of professional practices such as intellectual property, product commercialization, and project management.
- The applied research component consists of two research courses and an applied research thesis or project.