The Royal Canadian Legion BC/Yukon Foundation Bursaries
Legion graduation awards are available to current and former Canadian Armed Forces members graduating from a BCIT program. Bursaries are awarded to outstanding students based on faculty nomination.
Annual graduation awards include:
- 2 x $2,000 awards
- $2,500 award
- You must be graduating from a certificate, diploma, or degree program at BCIT.
- You must have held at least a 12.0 credit course load for the last two consecutive semesters
How to apply:
- Send an email to the Advisor.
Nomination deadline is June 5 or the next business day. If you are graduating from your program after the spring or fall semester, you may be considered for the following year’s application deadline.
Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services
If you are a client of Canadian Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Services (CVVRS), our program can assist with the upfront cost of tuition and books at BCIT. You can proceed with the following steps for registration and funding assistance.
- Contact us with your CVVRS Case Manager’s contact information or have your Case Manager contact us directly for financial assistance. We will need confirmation that CVVRS has approved your specified program/course(s).
- Registration and tuition payment:
- Part-time course registration: Provide us with the BCIT course name(s) and the Course Reference Number (CRN) you would like to register. Please note if there are any departmental approvals required prior to registration.
- Full-time programs: Submit your application to the program. You will need to pay the commitment fee and any testing fees once you are accepted*. Contact us once tuition is due, typically 60 days or two months prior to your program start date.
- BCIT will invoice CVVRS for tuition. You will receive an email confirmation from us when you can submit your claim form with proof of registration to CVVRS.
BCIT cannot invoice for commitment fees or testing fees.
Registration in part-time courses can fill up quickly. It is recommended to request registration early to secure a seat in your chosen course option. Please refer to upcoming registration dates.
If your program is being sponsored by a veterans agency, please visit BCIT Sponsorship Process.