Delivery Mode: BLENDED
- This program will be delivered during COVID-19 as a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We are putting measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operations for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
This program provides graduates with the theory and practical skills necessary to enter the electrical trade. The electrical worker plans, assembles, installs, tests, repairs and maintains electrical equipment and systems in commercial, industrial and marine facilities.
The program emphasizes a hands-on approach to training, where experience gained in the workshop is focused on industry practice. The necessary theoretical component is integrated into the program to complement and enhance the practical work. Industry tours will expose the student to a variety of work environments.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Graduates may qualify for advanced standing as indentured candidates within the apprenticeship system.
Job opportunities exist in the construction, mining, forestry, food production, manufacturing, grain handling, transportation, utility and service industries. The nature of the electrical trade has changed with the impact of solid-state control and programmable logic controllers. Challenging career opportunities are available to individuals who are prepared to acquire a broad range of technical skills.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
- Andy Cleven, Electrical Joint Training Committee
- Ark Tsisserev, EFS Engineering Solutions Ltd.
- Bill Strain, Villa Electric Ltd.
- Deborah Cahill, Electrical Contractors Association of BC
- Nick LeForte, City of Surrey
- Pete Fisher, Metro Vancouver
For general inquiries, email BCIT_Electrical@bcit.ca
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.