All Students must complete Construction Operations before the credential in Construction Supervision can be earned. No exceptions.
Courses are subject to minimum enrolment and may change without notice (registering late can also result in the course having been cancelled prior to the start date). Courses fill quickly. Register early and learn How to Register.
Ongoing education and training of personnel at all levels is vital to the continued success of any construction-related business. As workers advance in their careers and encounter new challenges in their particular management area, they may require new or additional skills in order to cope effectively with these challenges and excel at their work.
Program delivery mode: blended
- This program will be delivered for the coming semester as a combination of online and on-campus learning. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The construction industry places significant value on training, not only for immediate individual success but with a long-term goal of meeting the increasing shortage of qualified personnel. BCIT is offering a multi-level, Part-time Studies program designed specifically for people who:
- have industry experience and want to upgrade their skills,
- are active in some facet of the industry and wish to enhance their career potential, or
- wish to continue their ongoing education.
The Construction Supervision program consists of nine courses: Construction Documents and Contracts, Basic Project Management Skills, Technical Writing/Interpersonal Skills, Basic Construction Design Principles, Construction Materials and Assemblies, Computer Applications in Construction, Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and Construction Estimating. These courses build on the previous ones by introducing more comprehensive and complex issues. Students receive a certificate upon successful completion of the program.
For information on the School of Construction and the Environment and a complete list of all programs, please view the Areas of Study page.
Other popular Part-time Studies technical programs are:
- Architectural & Building Engineering Technology – Certificate
- Building Construction Technology – Associate Certificate
- Building Design and Architectural CAD – Associate Certificate
- Construction Estimating – Certificate
To transfer or withdraw from a course, contact Student Information & Enrolment Services at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610.
For other inquiries, contact Program Advising at 604-434-1610.
How to register
Once you know what you want to take, view BCIT’s Key Registration Dates.
- On the Courses page, click the course numbers on the right-hand side (e.g., BLDT 1011) to review details such as schedule, cost, etc. Course outlines will also be posted when available.
- Again, the Construction Operations program is required prior to Construction Supervision – no exceptions.
- Alternately, students can find part-time courses online and review the course information, details, and available offerings. If you are planning to register online, use the “Add to Cart” button to speed up the registration process. Full payment is required at the time of registration. Learn more about part-time tuition fees.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Job opportunities are varied, and an increasing number of employers are looking for employees who have successfully completed the program. Typically, students start in positions such as project coordinator or junior project manager.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.