Continues from BLDT 1051. Further development of writing skills required in the construction industry as well as basic instruction in interpersonal skills and human relations.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2031 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Tue Apr 05 - Tue Jun 21 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 29766
Class meeting times
|Apr 05 - Jun 21||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
THIS is not ESL course - must have completed BLDT 1051. no exceptions Instructions for accessing course will be sent by instructor 1 week before class start date - be sure to check personal email and your my.bcit.ca email
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
By the time you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Create documents that follow the conventions of correct grammar, spelling, mechanics, and punctuation.
- Generate, draft, and revise memoranda, business letters, reports, and proposals following correct business conventions with respect to format, structure, style, and content.
- Prepare an effective resume and cover letter following correct business conventions with respect to format, structure, style, and content.
- Put into effect basic technical writing strategies including preparation of an expanded definition of a term and instructions for a simple procedure.
- Identify and apply several interpersonal communication techniques to improve human relations in the workplace including two-way communication strategies, assertiveness, interview techniques, and decision-making strategies.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Technical Writing/Interpersonal Skills (BLDT 2031) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Technical Writing/Interpersonal Skills (BLDT 2031)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.