- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course presents an overview of a variety of structural engineering topics that will enhance the graduates' ability to comprehend structural building systems. Topics include: structural systems, introduction of engineering theory (statics), and earthquake and lateral considerations. Structural systems in wood, steel and concrete will be explored. The course is delivered through lectures and problem solving sessions.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2041 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 05 - Tue Nov 21 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 34434
Class meeting times
|Sep 05 - Nov 21||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 216|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- no vacation requests - no extensions except for documented medical reasons - please see Course outline. Please Also check BCIT.CA main web page regularly for updates and also check your my.bcit.ca email .
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between different structural systems and building types.
- Estimate sizes for wood, steel and concrete; beams, columns, joists, etc.
- Perform preliminary concrete structural member sizing.
- Locate seismic resisting elements.
- Apply all of the above using proper building construction practices.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2008
Construction Design Principles (BLDT 2041) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction Design Principles (BLDT 2041)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.