Presents practical computer applications with an emphasis on construction documentation, economic problems, estimating and scheduling associated with project and construction management of construction projects. Topics include use of MS Excel and MS Project software.
- Successful completion of Construction Operations program or departmental approval and a background in a Windows and Excel environments.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2061 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 11 - Wed Mar 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 88351
Class meeting times
|Jan 11 - Mar 29||Wed||18:45 - 21:45||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
This course is offered online
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify various forms of construction documents.
- Produce Change Order forms.
- Apply appropriate MS Excel features to insure document accuracy and efficiently produce documents.
- Apply appropriate financial functions in MS Excel for calculations related to the construction process.
- Create Application for Payment forms.
- Generate sequence of applications for payment.
- Create a project plan by using MS Project software.
- Analyze a project plan and implement scheduling techniques to improve efficiency.
- Add resources and cost components to a project plan in MS Project.
- Resolve potential scheduling issues.
- Generate relevant reports in different project phases.
- Track project progress and update a project plan.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2015
Computer Applications in Construction (BLDT 2061) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Computer Applications in Construction (BLDT 2061)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.