Provides students with the basic concepts of project management. This includes project planning, project controls, cash flow projections and documentation of the project.
Below is one offering of BLDT 2021 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Thu Apr 07 - Thu Jun 23 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 56076
Class meeting times
|Apr 07 - Jun 23||Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
This course will be delivered on campus face to face BCIT Bby campus
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the ten knowledge areas of project management skills: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Procurement, Human resources, Communications, Risk management, and Stakeholder management.
- Apply knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the needs of the project requirements.
- Develop a Gantt Chart and the Critical Path Method (CPM) diagraph.
- Understand and manage project documentation.
- Identify issues that could potentially lead to a claim and potential methods to avoid claims.
- Describe characteristics of an effective negotiator and understand negotiation concepts.
- Recognize the main areas of risk that exist within construction projects and take the appropriate steps to deal with these risks.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Basic Project Management Skills (BLDT 2021) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Project Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Basic Project Management Skills (BLDT 2021)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.