- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Provides students with the basic concepts of project management. This includes project planning, project controls, cash flow projections and documentation of the project. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- 50% in BLDT 1031
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the ten knowledge areas of project management skills: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Procurement, Human resources, Communications, Risk management, and Stakeholder management.
- Apply knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the needs of the project requirements.
- Develop a Gantt Chart and the Critical Path Method (CPM) diagraph.
- Understand and manage project documentation.
- Identify issues that could potentially lead to a claim and potential methods to avoid claims.
- Describe characteristics of an effective negotiator and understand negotiation concepts.
- Recognize the main areas of risk that exist within construction projects and take the appropriate steps to deal with these risks.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Basic Project Management Skills (BLDT 2021) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Project Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Supervision
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Basic Project Management Skills (BLDT 2021)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.