All mid-term and final examinations are required to be held at the Marine campus.
Delivery Mode: BLENDED
- This program will be delivered during COVID-19 as a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We are putting measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operations for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
A Master of a vessel is in command of the ship, its crew, passengers and/or cargo while at sea and in port. The Master’s role is to oversee the safe operation of the vessel. Specific responsibilities include:
- enforcing rules and regulations
- ensuring the safety of all personnel on board
- ensuring the safety of the vessel
- ensuring the safe carriage of cargoes
- ensuring the protection of the environment
Consists of modular based courses, offered throughout the year, to prepare students towards the Master 3000GT Domestic Certificate of Competency.
The holder of a Master 3000GT Domestic certificate may be employed as:
- Master on board a vessel of not more than 3000 gross tonnage engaged on a near coastal Class 1 with a certificate endorsed for a limited contiguous waters voyage.
- Master on board a vessel of not more than 3000 gross tonnage engaged on a near coastal, Class 2 voyage.
- Master of a vessel of any tonnage engaged on a sheltered-waters voyage.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
BCIT Marine Campus Registration Office, 604-453-4111
Carl Marquardt 604-453-4101
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.