This course covers Canadian and International regulations pertaining to the safe carriage of cargoes as transportation on vessels. The basic knowledge on the safe handling, stowage, and securing of cargoes, along with the associated equipments are also covered in this course. The types of cargoes covered are: Deck, Container, Bulk, Dangerous, Hazardous, and Harmful cargoes.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of NAUT 1877 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Mon Jun 26 - Mon Jul 24 (4 weeks)
- 4 weeks
- CRN 68803
Class meeting times
|Jun 26 - Jul 24||Mon - Fri||08:30 - 16:00||Marine BMC Rm. 252|
IMPORTANT NOTE:COURSE WILL BE HELD ON CAMPUS please refer to prerequisite section of webpage for any/all prerequisites.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the features of vessels for transporting different types of cargoes.
- Describe the general inspection and preparation of holds for receiving cargoes.
- Explain the reason for segregation and separation of cargoes.
- Interpret and apply the Canadian Code of Safe Practice for ships carrying timber deck cargoes.
- Interpret and apply the Code of Practice for the safe loading and unloading of bulk carriers.
- Interpret and apply the Code of Safe Working Practices for self-unloading vessels.
- Interpret and apply the Safe Container Convention Regulations.
- Interpret and apply the Transportation and Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Interpret and observe Safe Working Practices Regulations.
Effective as of Fall 2011
CG2 - Cargo 2 (NAUT 1877) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Master 3000GT Domestic
- Watchkeeping Mate Near Coastal (WKMNC)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CG2 - Cargo 2 (NAUT 1877)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.