Delivery Mode: BLENDED
- This program will be delivered during COVID-19 as a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We are putting measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operations for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The BCIT Food Technology Diploma program trains students in the basics of food technology, including food processing, quality control, food testing, and analysis. Graduate with all the practical skills you need to start your career.
At BCIT, we believe in real life experience. In this program, you get to interact first-hand with industry sponsors who mentor and support students in getting relevant food technology skills.
About the program
- Two-year, full-time diploma program
- On-campus lectures and labs provide you with theory and hands-on experience
- Industry-sponsored project gives you applied learning opportunities
Find out more about BCIT’s Food Technology diploma by visiting Program Details.
Who it’s for
This program is for individuals who:
- Enjoy working both individually and in a team environment
- Have a passion for food and the food industry
- Are interested in developing their critical thinking skills
- Have a high school diploma or higher level of education
Sound like you? See Entrance Requirements for details on what you need and how to apply.
What grads can do
BCIT grads are set up to enter a career in food technology the moment they graduate. They can also keep studying to further advance their career. See Graduating and Jobs to find out about the possibilities.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Our grads get work
Most of our grads get work within two months of graduating. From big industry to mom and pop businesses, BCIT grads are working to support safe food production. With applied work experience in the field, you will have the skills employers are looking for.
Diploma grads can receive two years’ worth of credits toward BCIT’s Food Technology and Operations Management Bachelor of Science. This program is for graduates looking for leadership and decision-making roles in the food industry.
Grads can also choose to apply to other bachelor’s degree programs in a variety of fields including environmental health.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
Erin Friesen, PhD
Rebecca Robertson, MSc
Ken Keilbart, Dipl
Technical Staff Dipl III
The Food Technology Program advisory committee is made up of individuals from the Food industry. These individuals provide feedback on industry trends, curriculum changes, and help ensure programs are relevant to industry needs.
If you are a Food industry professional and would like to participate on this committee, please contact Erin Friesen.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.