The Software Systems Developer program features an accelerated, project-based learning environment to prepare you for a career as a full-stack web and/or mobile developer.
This 8-month program will provide you with a strong foundation in multiple emerging web and mobile application development tools and technologies. Students will acquire hands-on experience through lecture and lab exercises combined with applied knowledge through internal and industry projects.
Delivery mode: blended
- This program will be delivered as a combination of online and on-campus learning. While some of your coursework will take place online, there will also be in-person sessions.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Our curriculum provides a comprehensive foundation in the following technologies to equip you for a job as a software developer:
- Angular, React, Vue
- SQL and NoSQL
- .NET Core
- Amazon Web Services and Azure
- iOS with Swift
- Android with Kotlin
- React-Native and Flutter
- Integration with third-party hosting, security, API, and tooling providers
*subject to change without notice, based on the needs of the program and industry demand
In addition to our technology curriculum, our instructors provide skills and practical experience with:
- Code collaboration and communication in a development team
- Working in an agile development environment
- Tips for managing LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and the application and interview process
Graduates of this certificate program may apply for acceptance into the BCIT Bachelor of Technology in Computer Systems (additional prerequisites are required). Laddering into the Computer Systems Technology Diploma program is not an option.
While applicants are not required to have formal computer programming experience, they need to have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Applicants with no knowledge are advised to take a programming language course, such as introduction to object-oriented programming with any server-side language.
|Program Location:||Downtown Vancouver|
|Program Length:||8-months, Full-time|
|Program Start / End:||September 13, 2021 – May 13, 2022|
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Graduates will find careers in a variety of industries including business, finance, government, health, information technology, telecommunications and service.
Depending on previous academic and work experience, career paths for graduates may include but are not limited to: web application developer, database developer, programmer/analyst, systems analyst, and careers in quality assurance.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
Pat McGee, SSD Program Head
Alex Cooper, SSD Faculty
Youri van Vliet, Program Coordinator
BCIT is well-respected by employers for its ties to industry. In Computing, this connection is formalized through a Program Advisory Committee (PAC) comprised of experts in a range of roles from a cross-section of companies. The department consults regularly to ensure program currency and relevance.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.