Are you looking to upskill quickly for a career switch, re-enter the workforce, or work in web development? The BCIT Front-End Web Development certificate program offers job-ready skills in just six months. It is ideal for those with little to no knowledge of web development and you have the option to do the program online or in-person.
The Front-End Web Development (FWD) hands-on program provides a solid foundation of web development skills needed for front-end web development and design positions today, preparing you to join the workforce immediately.
In addition to core web development and design training, you will also:
- Gain industry-relevant job search skills such as creating an effective IT-focused resume and honing interview skills
- Create a professional LinkedIn profile highlighting your new web development and design skills
- Enhance competencies such as self-care, time management, communication, and teamwork
About the program
- Work through this intensive, hands-on, 6-month web development-focused, full-time program with your cohort, sharing your experience and expertise, and building a professional network that will last long after you graduate
- 5 intakes: offered online (Jan, May & Oct) or in-person (Apr & Sep) at the Downtown campus
- Full-time (Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:00pm) certificate program
- Work on web development projects as part of a team
- Excellent job placement rate upon graduation
See the Program Details to learn more about what to expect from FWD, and how to prepare for a career in web design.
Who should complete the FWD Certificate?
This program might be for you if you:
- Already have a credential in a non-related or related field, and are ready to start a new career in web development
- Are looking to quickly learn the skills needed to begin working in a web developer position
- Have good communication skills – both written and oral
- Are comfortable working on a Windows or macOS computer
- Enjoy working with people, either in person in an office, or virtually, in a work-from-home arrangement
- Are seeking a supportive, hands-on educational experience studying in Canada
If any of these sound like you, please check the Entrance Requirements to ensure you can apply and start your new web developer career path!
What Front-End Web Developer grads can do
By earning your BCIT Certificate, you’ll be honing your web development skills to prepare for various positions in web development.
Upon graduation, you will have a publicly accessible web portfolio showcasing your work created throughout the program along with your capstone project, giving you an edge during your job search.
Find out more about the program by checking out how Kelsey Grant looks back on her FWD experience.
Or read the interview with Program Head Michael Whyte and his efforts to keep FWD current with the changes in the dynamic web industry.
Learn more about future opportunities on the Graduating and Jobs page.
- Next up Entrance Requirements
The program covers the following key areas:
- web development tools
- information architecture and user experience
- front-end web development
- web application development
Graduates will find careers in a variety of industries including business, finance, government, health, information technology, telecommunications and independent consulting. Depending on previous academic and work experience, career paths for graduates may include but are not limited to:
- Front-end web developer
- Web application developer
- Web developer
- UX/UI Designer
Michael Whyte, FWD Program Head
Beata Kozma, FWD Faculty
Jonathon Leathers, FWD Faculty
Bal Lidhar, Program Coordinator
BCIT is well-respected by employers for its ties to industry. In Computing, this connection is formalized through a Program Advisory Committee (PAC) comprised of experts in a range of roles from a cross-section of companies. The department consults regularly to ensure program currency and relevance.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Go Back Contact Us
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.