Architectural technology is a bridge between pure design theory and construction practice. This program will broaden the knowledge and skills of the architectural technologist in areas of current interest to the building community, increase opportunities for job placement within the industry, and improve graduates’ opportunities for career advancement.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person for the fall semester.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The Bachelor in Architectural Science is a full-time,four-year program that delivers a broadly based, technically current curriculum on the theoretical and applied aspects of architectural science.
The degree will enable students to:
- Develop the technical, artistic, and managerial literacies necessary for advanced placement as architectural technologists.
- Apply emerging technological theory and practices within the process of planning and design to solve complex problems in the workplace.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to construction technology, design, and
management issues with respect to the building industry.
- Incorporate environmental issues associated with building and urbanization.
- Strengthen knowledge in the analysis and synthesis of construction projects.
- Pursue further educational opportunities toward professional designation.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
The Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Science will prepare graduates with the skill set needed for advanced placement within the architecture, engineering, and construction industry.
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
- Jody Patterson, BAS, MArch, MRAIC, Program Head
- Ron Kato, BSc Arch, BArch Architect AIBC, MRAIC, LEED AP
- Michel Labrie, BArch, MASA, Architect AIBC, MRAIC, LEED AP, ENV SP
- Donald Luxton, BArch, FRAIC, CAHP
- James Taggart, Dipl Arch, MA, FRAIC
- Jens Voshage, Dipl.-Ing. Arch., Architect AKBW (GER), LEED AP BD+C
- Matthew Woodruff, BES, BArch, Architect AIBC
- Tatsiana Filipenka, BED, Program Assistant
- Alex Chang, Morrison Hershfield
- Chris Forrest, BCIT Campus Development (Chair)
- Gordon Richards, Jensen Hughes Consulting Canada Ltd.
- Helen Goodland, Brentwood Consulting Partnership
- Richard Shipway, AXIOM Builders Inc.
- Sean Francis Rodrigues, Archdiocese of Vancouver
- Stuart Hood, Intergal Group
- Wayne DeAngelis, De Angelis Architecture
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.