BCIT is committed to providing assistance to all its full- and part-time students with permanent or temporary disabilities. Examples of assistance may include:
- Exam and program accommodations
- Note-taking, scribes, readers
- Alternate format textbooks
- Interpreting or transcribing
- Adaptive technology and ergonomic aids
- Funding and grant information
- Learning strategies support
- Referrals to community resources
- Campus orientation and access to designated parking
Accessibility Services requires documentation to validate the need for academic accommodations based on the individual’s current level of functioning in a post-secondary environment. This is to be provided by a registered health professional authorized to make a valid diagnosis verifying the existence of disability or chronic health condition and to outline the functional limitations experienced by the student.
After you have provided us with the completed Student Information and Self-Assessment form and your medical documentation that verifies the functional impact(s) of your disability or health conditions in a post-secondary setting, please connect with us to schedule an appointment with one of our VRSs. Please visit our step-by-step section to learn the process to register with Accessibility Services.
*Note: If you are using Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer, you will be able to fill out the form prior to downloading it. If you are using Firefox, you will need to first open the form with Adobe Acrobat.