The Office Administrator with Technology is a hands-on program designed to provide you with the computer and business skills required by administrative positions today. It is ideal for individuals who do not have previous education or background in computing as well as those who need to retrain or upgrade their present computer skills.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person for the fall semester.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Word to create professional documents
- Create budgets and analyze data with Microsoft Excel
- Design and deliver a presentation with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Use Microsoft Outlook to manage schedules, contacts, and email
- Design and develop a small database with Microsoft Access
- Complete basic bookkeeping tasks with Sage 50
- Prepare and understand financial reports
- Use HTML5, CSS3, and WordPress to build and manage a website
- Enhance photos and create graphics with Adobe Photoshop
In addition, you will challenge two Microsoft Office Specialist exams and earn two-valued industry certifications:
- Microsoft Word 2019
- Microsoft Excel 2019
The program consists of three months of classroom instruction, Monday to Friday, from 9:00 until 4:00, followed by a two-month full-time work term. It combines technical and professional courses with hands-on learning. Formal classroom instruction is complemented by realistic business projects.
There will be no extended breaks except for statutory holidays.
Classes are held at the BCIT Downtown Campus (555 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC).
|Office Administrator with Technology|
|Program Location:||Downtown Vancouver|
|Program Length:||5 months, Full-time|
|Program Start / End||October 12, 2021 to March 31, 2022
April 4, 2022 to September 2, 2022
|Total Tuition/Cost:||Learn about Tuition & Fees|
|Entry Requirements:||View Requirements|
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Students are equipped with practical skills that are applicable to a variety of fields. Depending on previous academic and work experience, career paths for graduates may include but are not limited to:
- Executive Assistant
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support
- Administrator / Receptionist
Did you know that:
- 94% of grads were very satisfied or satisfied with their education
- 93% of grads found their OAT Certificate useful in getting their job
- 100% of grads were ready to collaborate in groups at work
- 92% of grads were ready to keep up with the pace of change in tech by learning new skills on their own
Faculty, Advisors & Staff
BCIT is well-respected by employers for its ties to industry. In Computing, this connection is formalized through a Program Advisory Committee (PAC) comprised of experts in a range of roles from a cross-section of companies. The department consults regularly to ensure program currency and relevance.
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.