Eye-catching images visually represent a business’s brand and products, as greater emphasis is placed on marketing using social media platforms such as Instagram. As a result, the digital world is growing rapidly, with increasing demand for skills in:
- content creation, using DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras and new smartphones;
- image manipulation; and,
- various software applications, particularly Adobe Photoshop.
The Digital Photography Statement of Completion provides you with skills in photo production and image optimization. The courses build your proficiency using digital cameras to capture images, and working with Adobe Photoshop to edit and optimize those images.
Program delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
About the program
This program is designed for students who want to learn digital photography and photo manipulation.
- Five short courses to complete the statement
- Courses delivered on-campus and online
You have the option of completing a separate course in Digital Portfolio Development to learn how to create a professional portfolio that will showcase your photography work to prospective clients and employers.
Who should complete the Statement of Completion in Digital Photography?
This program might be right for you if:
- You want to expand your skillset as a creative communicator by gaining digital photography skills.
- You’re intrigued about the business of digital photography.
- You’d like to differentiate yourself by using compelling photography to create an online presence.
- You want to enhance your employability and professional capacity in areas such as graphic design and communications, marketing, social media and public relations, and mobile, web and print design.
You will work with industry instructors with real-world experience while taking advantage of flexible training through Part-time Studies.
What grads can do
With the applied training you receive throughout this BCIT Statement of Completion in Digital Photography, you will build a solid foundation in digital photography to add to your existing professional toolbox and enhance your career as a creative professional.
About Part-time Studies
Take a single course, or work towards a credential — all at a pace that’s right for you.
Part-time courses are offered in a variety of scheduling formats, including at night or on weekends, flexible daytime delivery, or you can opt for distance or online learning. If you meet the prerequisites and there’s space available, you can register for a course immediately. Courses are offered in each of three terms: Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring/Summer (April).
Applicants to the BCIT School of Business are required to have completed two years of full-time study in high school or post-secondary program in English in an English-speaking country. If you do not have English 12 and have not studied in an English-speaking country, you will need to demonstrate your skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. For information on English equivalencies, testing, and upgrading options, visit:
Program Assistant, Digital Arts
604-453-4032 | Karen_Harvey@bcit.ca
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.