- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is an introduction to hands-on digital photography and the image optimization processes. The course is designed to provide an emphasis on effective composition, core principles of photography and meaningful photographic contents for web, print and mobile applications. Students will learn how to plan and shoot photos; use DSLR or their own cameras; and explore techniques on lighting, optics, and image management/storage. Other topics include, HDR images, panoramic photos and processing camera RAW files. Students will be assessed by a combination of group and individual projects and a final exam.
Below is one offering of MDIA 2099 for the Winter 2024 term.
Tue Feb 20 - Tue Mar 26 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 88485
- Domestic fees $353.59International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Feb 20 - Mar 26||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
MDIA 1099 Photography 1 must be completed before registering into MDIA 2099 Photography 2. This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please log into learn.bcit.ca using your BCIT student email and password on the first day of class. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to complete this course. Students who are currently registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal: kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-part-time-student-3130/
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Review and apply professional protocols regarding commercial photography.
- Develop an understanding of the business of photography and working professionally in today's competitive industry.
- Operate technical features of DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
- View and operate a variety of lenses and how this will change image composition and creative application.
- Manipulate light sources and recognize how light modifiers can control and alter both artificial and natural light.
- Analyze different lighting designs to create unique imagery.
- Plan, setup and execute photography assignments for new media applications (print, web, video and mobile).
- Mange digital content and file storage professionally with redundant measures.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Photography 2 (MDIA 2099) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Photography 2 (MDIA 2099)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.