Delivery Mode: BLENDED
- This program will continue to be delivered during COVID-19 through a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Online learning will be done using BCIT’s online learning platform – The Learning Hub – please logon several weeks in advance of the start date of your training to setup your email and other contact information preferences.
- Please generate your booklist and pre-order your books by visiting the BCIT Bookstore.
- Faculty will notify students by email 10 days before the start of your program with a course schedule and when your attendance on campus will be required.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed including the completion of your COVID training on The Learning Hub. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operationsfor details on some of the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
This program has a mandatory six-month Boilermaker Foundation course.
Boilermakers assemble and repair boilers, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers and other heavy metal structures. They set up and operate brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters and other heavy metal products and drill and install boilers according to specifications using hand and power tools. The apprentice process requires time spent learning on the job and in the classroom. The apprentice must complete a three-year program including 5,700 workplace hours and 360 in-school hours of training, including mandatory six-month Entry Level Technical training. After completion of training, a passing grade on exams will result in the B.C. Certificate of Apprenticeship, the B.C. Certificate of Qualification, and the Inter-provincial Standard Endorsement, also known as Red Seal.
Check the Apprenticeship Training Schedules to see available training dates.
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.