Planning your technical training
We encourage you to work with your employer when developing your training schedule. You must be an active apprentice registered with the Industry Training Authority to register for an apprenticeship at BCIT.
Apprentices must complete each level of apprentice training in sequential order. For example, apprentices must complete level one before continuing to level two.
Please schedule each level of your technical training at least eight months apart to benefit most from your training.
Program training schedules
Choose your training date from the program training schedules listed below. After choosing your training date, refer to Training Registration for instructions on how to register. Please visit myBCIT to create your BCIT ID before you register.
Please note that apprentices attending high school sites must complete a Criminal Record Check prior to registration.
Note: Although the training schedules may include a campus location, your apprentice training may be delivered either online or in a blended (online and on-campus) learning format. Please refer to your program’s webpage for details on how your program will be delivered.
- Auto Body and Collision Technician Apprentice
- Automotive Collision and Refinishing Common Core Apprentice
- Automotive Refinishing Technician Apprentice
- Automotive Technician Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Automotive Technician GM (ASEP) Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Boilermaker Apprentice
- Carpentry Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Electrical Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Gasfitter - Class B Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice
- Heavy Mechanical Trades Apprentice
- Industrial Electrician Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician Apprentice
- Ironworker - Reinforcing Apprentice
- Ironworker Generalist
- Joinery (Cabinetmaker) Apprentice
- Machinist Apprentice
- Machinist Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Marine Fitter
- Marine Mechanical Technician Apprentice
- Metal Fabricator Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Millwright Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician Apprentice
- Motorcycle and Power Equipment Mechanic Apprentice
- Plumber Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Plumbing Apprentice
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Steamfitting Apprentice
- Transport Trailer Technician Apprentice
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Apprentice
- Welder Apprentice (Harmonized)