Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some of our Fall 2020 apprenticeship training programs may be delivered online or through a combination of online and in-class training. Faculty will notify you of when your attendance on campus will be required.
The training schedules listed below may change. Apprentice Services will notify you by email if your start/end date or registration status changes. Your program area will advise of the time, location, or other specific schedule details prior to your start date.
Planning your technical training
We encourage you to work with your employer when developing your training schedule. You must be an active apprentice registered with the Industry Training Authority to register for an apprenticeship at BCIT.
Apprentices must complete each level of apprentice training in sequential order. For example, apprentices must complete level one before continuing to level two.
Please schedule each level of your technical training at least eight months apart to benefit most from your training.
Program training schedules
Choose your training date from the program training schedules listed below. After choosing your training date, refer to Training Registration for instructions on how to register. Please visit myBCIT to create your BCIT ID before you register.
Please note that apprentices attending high school sites must complete a Criminal Record Check prior to registration.
Although the training schedules may include a campus location, your apprentice training may be delivered either online or in a blended learning format (online and on-campus). Your program area will notify you of when your attendance on campus will be required.
- Automotive Technician Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Automotive Technician GM (ASEP) Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Carpentry Apprentice
- Carpentry Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Electrical Apprentice
- Electrical Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Gasfitter - Class B Apprentice
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice
- Heavy Mechanical Trades Apprentice
- Industrial Electrician Apprentice
- Industrial Electrician Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Industrial Instrumentation Apprentice
- Ironworker - Reinforcing Apprentice
- Ironworker Generalist
- Joinery (Cabinetmaker) Apprentice
- Machinist Apprentice
- Machinist Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Marine Mechanical Technician Apprentice
- Metal Fabricator Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Millwright Apprentice
- Millwright Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician Apprentice
- Motorcycle and Power Equipment Mechanic Apprentice
- Plumber Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Plumbing Apprentice
- Refrigeration Apprentice
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Sheet Metal Apprentice
- Sheet Metal Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Harmonized)
- Steamfitting Apprentice
- Transport Trailer Technician Apprentice
- Truck and Transport Mechanic Apprentice
- Welder Apprentice (Harmonized)