3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
The Burnaby Campus offers paid parking with the following services:
- Daily ticket dispenser purchase. Note: credit card payment only, there is no cash option
- Verrus e-permit service
- Verrus pay-by-phone
Note the starting period when purchasing E-permit parking for full time or part time studies:
- E-permit Full Time accounts are purchased starting Monday to Sunday
- E-Permit Part-Time accounts are purchased commencing on the first evening of the class.
Parking ticket dispensers
The Burnaby Campus parking ticket dispensers are situated around the campus parking lot colored zones. For parking lot locations, see the Burnaby Campus Map [PDF]
The parking ticket dispensers accepts credit card payments only, including prepaid credit cards.
A reminder to all BCIT Students and Employees that on-street parking in the City of Burnaby is limited to two hours maximum. You will be subjected to a fine for parking more than two hours and/or parking closer that 5 feet to any driveway.
As there is ample parking on the Burnaby BCIT Campus for all staff and students and in the interest of being a good corporate neighbor, please park in an authorized designated spot on Campus.
If you have any questions or concerns about parking on Campus please contact the Parking Coordinator.
SW1 pick up and drop off zone
- Violations will be issued to any unoccupied vehicles - There must be a driver in the vehicle for drop off and pick up.
- Occupied vehicles are permitted a maximum 15 minute stop/park time.
E-permits provide students a web based parking alternative. The program is fast and easy, requires no permits and avoids line ups at parking ticket dispensers. Simply go on line and purchase parking for the number of weeks required. Only purchase the dates for which you will be on campus, refunds are not provided for holiday absences.
During snow conditions students using the parking ticket dispensers are asked to refer to the signage positioned in the parking kiosks directing the purchaser as follows:
Select a specific stall number and then display the receipt on the vehicle dash.
Understanding parking at BCIT
To reduce confusion and frustration get to know a bit about our parking system. BCIT’s parking is split into STAFF and PUBLIC parking which is then organized into zones by location.
Staff parking lotsSTAFF parking areas include Faculty and Staff. These STAFF lots are NUMBERED.
Public parking lotsPUBLIC parking areas include Students, Visitors, Contractors and Vendors. These PUBLIC lots are LETTERED.
Staff/Public parking lotsSTAFF / PUBLIC parking lots are STAFF lots during the day (6AM – 4:30PM) and are open to STUDENT/PUBLIC during nights (4:30PM – 6AM) and weekends. These lots are NUMBERED.
Parking receipts and e-permits are not valid in STAFF or visitor parking lots until after 4:30pm.
After 4:30pm STAFF lots are open to the PUBLIC, with the exception of lots 8, 9 & 24.
For payment options and regulations visit the Rates Page.
Burnaby designated parking areasSTAFF parking includes Staff & Faculty. These STAFF lots are NUMBERED (see below). Refer to the Map to see their locations on campus.
Designated lots: 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 15 18 20 21 22 23 24 26 27 28 29
Lot exceptions and restrictions
- 7: Staff and faculty with lot 7 parking permits are invited to park in any student parking lot on the Burnaby Campus if lot 7 is full. Please continue to display lot 7 parking pass.
- 24/7 STAFF LOTS: Lots 8, 9 and 24 are reserved for STAFF during the day and night 24 hours 7 days a week.
Burnaby designated parking areas
- After 4:30pm STAFF lots are open to the PUBLIC, with the exception of lots 8, 9 & 24.
Public ratesFor detailed information on the payment methods accepted visit the Rates Page. Student parking rates vary per campus. Payment options available are as follows:
- Daily ticket dispenser purchase. Note: credit card payment only, no cash or debit option
- E-permit service
- Parking Pass (contractors & vendors only)
Contractor / Vendor Parking PassContractors and Vendors have the option of purchasing a Parking Pass or paying day by day as needed. To get a parking pass contact your project coordinator at BCIT. The Contractor and Vendor Parking Pass options are as follows:
- SERVICE VEHICLES: up to 2 per company
- YOUR EMPLOYEE VEHICLES: up to 10 per company
If you use any Daily ticket dispenser, please note that credit card is the only accepted payment method.
E-permit student parking lot:
- Per week - Verrus e-permits - $27.50
- Per week - Verrus e-permits - $18.75
Student daily parking:
- Daily parking 6:00am - 10:00pm - $5.50
- Daily parking 6:00am - 10:00pm - $3.75
- Visitor parking $3.25 - Two hour maximum - lot V1
- Visitor parking $3.25 - One hour minimum ($9.25 maximum a day) - lots V2, V3, V4 and V5
Key Impark contacts
- For Meter/Lot issues, please call: 1-866-277-5501
- For Meter Refunds, please call: 604-331-7118
- For Violation Dispute/Payment, please call: 604-909-3933