Skip to main content

Off-campus Housing


BCIT does not assume any responsibility for agreements made between students and private landlords or hotels. BCIT does not screen, inspect, warrant or approve any landlord or off-campus accommodation. BCIT provides this resource as a listing service only. We encourage all students seeking off-campus accommodation to search with caution and know their rights as tenants.

Seeking off-campus housing

The Housing Office provides students with free access to off-campus accommodation listings available in the community. The following links are all resources to aid your search for off-campus accommodation.

Listing services

For both long-term and short-term off-campus accommodation options, please visit any of the following websites:

Hotels in the Burnaby and Metro Vancouver area

The following list of hotels are all within driving distance of the BCIT Burnaby campus.

Other things to consider

Public Transit

Once you have determined which campus you are attending, use Translink’s Public Trip Planning Feature to see what public transit options are available.

Preventing Fraud

The City of Vancouver offers valuable tips for fraud prevention to keep in mind when searching for off-campus housing options.

Cost of Living

The cost of living in different neighbourhoods can vary throughout the Greater Vancouver Area. It may be valuable to calculate the average costs for rent, groceries, and transportation before committing to an off-campus opportunity.

Tenant Rights & Responsibilities

Prepare yourself for living off-campus by learning about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. You can also learn about starting and ending a lease, dispute resolution, and fraud prevention from the Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre.