The Fire Protection Inspection and Testing courses are designed to prepare working fire protection technicians to inspect and test life safety systems.
The Fire Protection Inspection and Testing courses prepares technicians to work in a number of disciplines including Portable Fire Extinguishers, Unit Emergency Lighting Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, Water-Based Systems, Special Fire Suppression Systems, and Smoke Control and HVAC Systems.
A number of jurisdictions in the province require technicians who inspect fire and life safety systems to be registered as Registered Fire Protection Technicians (RFPT) with the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC). To register, technicians must satisfy specific education requirements and obtain experience in the discipline.
- FIRE 1050 Electrical and Electronics for Fire Protection Inspection
- FIRE 1075 BC Fire Code 1
- FIRE 2075 BC Fire Code 2
- FIRE 2077 Emergency Lighting Systems
- FIRE 2080 Automatic Sprinkler and Standpipe Testing
- FIRE 2084 Fire Alarm Systems: Inspection and Testing
- FIRE 2086 Smoke Control and HVAC Systems
- FIRE 2088 Special Fire Suppression Systems
To arrange custom training for a specified group of students, please contact the School of Energy’s Industry Services.
Related programs or options:
Fire Protection Inspection and Testing – BCIT Flexible Learning program – Associate Certificate