Emphasizes the general structure and layout of the BC Fire Code. Provides an overview of the fire safety requirements in and around buildings with an introduction to Division A, Division C and Division B Part 1, 2, 6 and 7. Students must bring a copy of the BC Fire Code and the Fire Services Act to the first class.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of FIRE 1075 for the Fall 2022 term.
Thu Sep 22 - Thu Oct 27 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 37433
Class meeting times
|Sep 22 - Oct 27||Thu||18:45 - 21:45||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered in an ONLINE format. Details will be provided shortly. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and apply sections of the fire code requirements.
- Identify who is responsible for the requirements as described in the fire code.
- Have knowledge of fire safety in and around buildings.
- Identify what is required for the inspection, testing and maintenance requirements of fire protection systems in buildings.
Effective as of Fall 2010
BC Fire Code 1 (FIRE 1075) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Fire Protection Inspection and Testing
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of BC Fire Code 1 (FIRE 1075)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.