- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Provides an overview of the inspection and testing requirements for special fire suppression systems such as low, medium and high expansion foam systems, foam-water, carbon dioxide, dry chemical and wet chemical extinguishing systems. Examples of applicable codes will include B.C. and Vancouver Building Codes as well as the B.C. Fire Code and the Vancouver Fire By-law.
- Industry experience or departmental approval.
Below is one offering of FIRE 2088 for the Winter 2024 term.
Fri Jan 05 - Fri Mar 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 85493
- Domestic fees $623.36International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 05 - Mar 22||Fri||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Please note: This is an instructor-led online course. Upon registration, please visit the Learning Hub (learn.bcit.ca) for further information regarding course material(s). BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe fire systems components, functions and operation.
- Understand applicable codes, standards regulations and bylaws and:
- Identify and describe applicable inspection and test procedures.
- Conduct inspections and tests to ensure compliance.
- Complete appropriate documentation and reports.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Special Fire Suppression Systems (FIRE 2088) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Fire Protection Inspection and Testing
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Special Fire Suppression Systems (FIRE 2088)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.