Delivery mode: Blended
- This program will be delivered during COVID-19 as a combination of online and on-campus learning.
- Faculty will notify students of when their attendance on campus will be required.
- We are putting measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see BCIT COVID-19 Return to Operations for details on the mandatory procedures that have been implemented.
- Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
This program delivers technical training required for employment as a Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician (metal and paint).
The Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician process requires time spent on the job and in-school training. This apprenticeship program generally takes four years to complete, including 6,750 workplace hours and 480 in-school hours.
After completion of training, students who receive a passing grade on interprovincial exams will be awarded the BC Certificate of Apprenticeship and the Certificate of Qualification with Red Seal Interprovincial Certification.
For those currently sponsored by an employer, the apprenticeship program includes the following outcomes:
Level Two Apprenticeship Training (five weeks):
- Sheet Metal Repair
- Plastics and Composites
- Mechanical Components
Level Three Apprenticeship Training (six weeks):
- Structural Repair
- Suspension and Steering
- Insurance Estimating
Meet one of our grads
Costs & Supplies
Graduating & Jobs
Upon successful completion of all three levels of BCIT’s Motor Vehicle Body Repair Technician program, students will be eligible to write the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam. Upon successful completion of the Interprovincial Red Seal Exam, students will be awarded the following credentials from ITA:
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer (Automotive Collision Repair Technician) – Certificate of Qualification with Interprovincial Red Seal endorsement
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer (Automotive Collision Repair Technician) – Certificate of Apprenticeship
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.