- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
PERF 7500 introduces students to the Perfusion lab and the equipment associated with cardiopulmonary bypass. Students will have the opportunity to reinforce theory through hands-on lab practice on the heart lung machines and bypass circuits. Perfusion safety systems will also be reviewed.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work place techniques in the lab.
- Identify the components of the heart lung machine (HLM) and the bypass circuit.
- Prepare a dry set-up of the HLM bypass circuit.
- Practice the techniques needed to successfully prime the HLM bypass circuit.
- Identify the important differences between operating a roller head and centrifugal pump.
- Perform the safety systems used to protect the patient during bypass surgery.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Perfusion Lab 1 (PERF 7500) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Perfusion Lab 1 (PERF 7500)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.