A continuation of the learning objectives completed in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Pharmacology I. Further learning in this course will expand to include arterial blood gas analysis, components of the coagulation cascade, and pharmacology used in the cardiac OR setting.
Below is one offering of PERF 7110 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Thu Apr 13 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 83016
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Apr 13||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This is an online course requiring computer and internet access. This course is reserved for students who have been accepted into the Cardiovascular Perfusion Advanced Specialty Certificate program. Students must have successfully completed all Term 1 courses. For details contact: email@example.com
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe Arterial Blood Gas Analysis.
- Describe the use of vasopressors in the cardiac patient.
- Critically analyze the pharmacology of various vasopressors.
- Differentiate the pharmacology of:
- isotropic agents used in the cardiac patient
- vasodilating agents used in the cardiac patient
- Calcium channel blockers used in the cardiac patient
- antiarrythmics used in the cardiac patient
- diuretics used in the cardiac patient
- heparin and its use in the cardiac patient
- Direct Thrombin Inhibitors and their use in the cardiac patient
- other anticoagulants used in the cardiac patient
- procoagulants used in cardiac surgery
- Describe components of the coagulation cascade.
- Distinguish the most common coagulation disorders seen in the cardiac patient.
- Plan anaesthetic care of the patient with CAD, Valvular and Aortic disease.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Cardiac Anaesthesia and Clinical Pharmacology 2 (PERF 7110) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cardiac Anaesthesia and Clinical Pharmacology 2 (PERF 7110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.