- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 5 is a focused rotation in Pediatric Perfusion to take place at pediatric acute care hospital. Students will review concepts of fetal development and gain an expanded knowledge of most common congenital heart defects and their surgical corrections. Students will assist in the preparation and application of safe Cardiopulmonary Bypass in the pediatric patient. A thorough knowledge will be gained in the concept and application of Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation.
- S in PERF 8200
Below is one offering of PERF 8500 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Dec 25 - Fri Jun 21 (3 weeks)
- 3 weeks
- CRN 43531
Class meeting times
|Dec 25 - Jun 21||N/A||N/A||Other|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Clinical lab format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This clinical course is reserved for students who have been accepted into the Cardiovascular Perfusion Advanced Specialty Certificate program. For PTS Perfusion inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss fetal cardiac development.
- Name common Pediatric congenital heart defects and describe their surgical corrections.
- Assist in the preparation of the pediatric CPB circuit.
- Assist in the initiation, maintenance and weaning from pediatric CPB.
- Describe how ECMO relates to the care of the pediatric patient.
- Communicate effectively during the procedure with all members of the health care team.
- Review case post-op, reflect on individual performance and set goals for improvement.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 5 (PERF 8500) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 5 (PERF 8500)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.