- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 3 is a continuation of PERF 8200. The students are expected to improve upon the level of competency gained during PERF 8100 and PERF 8200. In this clinical course, students will gain experience with ancillary devices used in Perfusion, as well as expand their knowledge in the safe conduct of Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Modes of learning for each device will include lectures, wet lab simulations and clinical application. Special CPB cases, scenarios and advanced Perfusion techniques will also be discussed.
- S in PERF 8200
Below is one offering of PERF 8300 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Dec 11 - Fri Mar 15 (14 weeks)
- 14 weeks
- CRN 43195
- Domestic fees $3091.54International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Dec 11 - Mar 15||N/A||N/A||Other|
- Clinical lab format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This clinical course is reserved for students who have been accepted into the Cardiovascular Perfusion Advanced Specialty Certificate program. For PTS Perfusion inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Display knowledge of safe application of learning objectives from PERF 8100 and PERF 8200.
- Explain and demonstrate indications, contraindications and use of ultrafiltration and dialysis during CPB.
- Demonstrate knowledge and safe application of Transfusion Guidelines.
- Describe advantages, techniques and limitations to cell salvage techniques.
- Assemble and operate cell salvage equipment, and provide effective and safe management and troubleshooting techniques.
- Explain and demonstrate proper Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump indications and use.
- Integrate knowledge of aortic pathophysiology and surgical repair techniques.
- Explain setup, indications and limitations of Left Heart Bypass (LHB) technique.
- Perform safe and effective assembly, case management and weaning of LHB.
- Describe the principles, case selection, management and limitations of Deep Hypothermic Cardiac Arrest (DHCA).
- Describe and demonstrate the safe application of selective antegrade and retrograde cerebral perfusion techniques.
- Describe the pathophysiology, considerations and demonstrate safe perfusion clinical practice for various special CPB cases:
- Heparin Induces Thrombocytopenia (HITT)
- Cold agglutinins
- Thalassemia / Sickle cell disease
- Isolated limb perfusion
- Renal preservation
- Trauma rewarms
- Large BMI patients
- Unusual cardiothoracic anatomy (LSVC, Dextra-Cardia, R sided Aorta, etc)
- Visceral Perfusion
- Communicate effectively during the procedure with all members of the health care team.
- Perform post-op CPB, reflect on individual performance and set goals for improvement.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 3 (PERF 8300) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cardiovascular Perfusion Clinical 3 (PERF 8300)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.