Registering for apprentice training
- Consult the training schedule to find a date that is suitable to both you and your employer. Please schedule each level of your technical training at least eight months apart to benefit most from your training.
- Complete an Apprentice Training Request Form [PDF]. Until further notice, all forms must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or register by phone at 604-456-8100.
- Apprentice Services will contact you to confirm your registration and provide instructions for paying your $200 commitment fee. Please note that online banking (bill payment) will be required. For more information, please visit Payment Options at BCIT.
- Upon receiving your registration confirmation, the $200 commitment fee is required within three business days. Failure to pay within three business days will result in withdrawal.
- The commitment fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to future intakes.
- Your commitment fee is applied to your tuition.
- Upon registration, you will receive a letter in your myBCIT account, your one stop shop for BCIT apprentice communication. myBCIT is where you will receive your training confirmation details. Please see Communicating with BCIT for more information. To forward your myBCIT email to your preferred email account, please follow these instructions.
Important information for apprentices
- BCIT welcomes apprentice training requests from Canadian citizens and permanent residents only. View programs that accept international students
- You must be an active apprentice registered with the Industry Training Authority to register for apprenticeship training at BCIT.
- Apprentices must complete each level of apprentice training in sequential order. For example, apprentices must complete level one before continuing to level two.
- Apprentice Training Request Forms are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
Disclosure of personal information and privacy notice
Please be advised that upon registration into an apprentice technical training date, BCIT Apprentice Services reserves the right to communicate with the Industry Training Authority (ITA) and your active employer sponsor about your training dates, grades, attendance, and related academic information for purposes of scheduling intakes and administering the apprentice programs. BCIT also shares apprentice registration information with Work BC for the purposes of determining financial eligibility for Apprentice Financial Supports and/or Employment Insurance. If you have questions about the protection of your personal information, you may contact the BCIT Information Access and Privacy Office.