BCIT Student Health Services is a walk-in and appointment based clinic located on the Burnaby campus providing confidential episodic medical care for current BCIT students year round. We are committed to creating a culture of wellness to meet your physical, mental and social well-being.
Please note that students can make appointments by phone, in-person, or by booking online.
Students are encouraged and expected to follow up with their family doctor or community walk-in clinic for regular primary care (eg. treatment and monitoring of chronic or ongoing medical conditions and preventative health screening).
Note: Full-time BCIT students have access to Student Health Services throughout the duration of their program, including during scheduled breaks.
BCIT Student Health Services will only see currently employed BCIT faculty and staff for URGENT health issues only.
No Prescription refill will be issued as these require ongoing follow-up care with your family physician or walk-in clinic.
No ICBC visits as these require ongoing follow-up care with your family physician or walk-in clinic.
We can only see BCIT staff for URGENT Work-related injuries *First Visit only
Staff are encouraged and expected to follow up with their family doctor or community walk-in clinic for regular primary care (e.g. treatment and monitoring of chronic or ongoing medical conditions and preventative health screening).
If you are looking for a family doctor, please visit the Burnaby Division of Family Practice for a list of doctors in Burnaby who are accepting new patients.
Our services include:
- General medical care and services
- Sexual Health Services (PAP smear, Pregnancy and STI Testing, Birth Control Counselling and Options or Emergency Contraceptives)
- Mental Health Support (please also see BCIT’s Counselling and Student Development)
- Immunizations (Flu Shots and Routine Vaccinations (excluding travel vaccinations))
- Injections (Prescription Only)
- Procedures such as:
- Sutures/Suture Removal
- Wart Removal
- Ear Flushing
- Student Medical Certificates [PDF]
For Emergency First Aid please contact: 604-432-8872 or dial 2248 (internal only).
If you’re a current School of Health Science student:
- Please visit Health Science Students page for forms and more information.
- If you have completed your immunization review with the BCIT nurses, please call 604-432-8843 to book any further appointments.
- Wait times can be expected to be longer between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Please see hours and location for more information.