- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The course provides a general overview of the water treatment process with a detailed discussion on how to operate individual components or subsystems that support a water treatment facility or system. The competencies which directly support the operation, repair, maintenance and construction of facilities or systems and competencies related to management and operations of water sources and watersheds are addressed by this course. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Operate and follow maintenance procedures for equipment generally used in water treatment facilities and systems.
- Perform laboratory testing, including recording and presenting data, sampling and testing water.
- Perform measurements and calculations related to maintenance and operation of water treatment facilities and systems.
- Locate, identify and protect utilities.
- Monitor, coordinate and report watershed and groundwater extraction.
- Operate hypochlorite disinfection, sedimentation and clarification processes, intake structures, and underdrain systems.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Water Treatment Systems Operation (WATR 1010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Fundamentals of Water and Wastewater Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Water Treatment Systems Operation (WATR 1010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.