- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course participants learn about the various components of wastewater collection systems including their construction and installation, inspection, repair, monitoring, control, and operation. Participants also learn about sampling, testing processes and data management. Learning activities take place in both a classroom and laboratory setting. Participants have the opportunity to apply learning in field work through either virtual or face-to-face experiences. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- 60% in WATR 1020
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of wastewater collection systems.
- Describe components of wastewater collection systems.
- Inspect and monitor sewer and stormwater lines.
- Prepare and plan for construction installation of wastewater collection components.
- Perform odour and infiltration investigations to troubleshoot leaks.
- Operate, control, and monitor wastewater collection infrastructure.
- Read and interpret maps, drawings, and specifications of wastewater infrastructure.
- Perform wastewater laboratory testing and analysis.
- Perform data recording and management, and presentation.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Wastewater Collection and Mechanical Systems (WATR 1040) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Fundamentals of Water and Wastewater Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Wastewater Collection and Mechanical Systems (WATR 1040)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.