In this course students will be introduced to workplace communications, information management and the organizational skills needed to perform the responsibilities of an operator. They will study the legislation and safety procedures applicable to water/ wastewater treatment and distribution systems.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe professional communication, information management and organizational skills for operators.
- Identify principles of risk management from water and wastewater legislation, guidelines, and standards.
- Apply environmental procedures and licensing requirements for the water and/or wastewater industry.
- Describe the principles and practices of effective customer service and teamwork.
- Describe current occupational health and safety (OHS) legal requirements and procedures for compliance.
- Apply occupational health and safety legislation to manage risks and maintain workplace safety.
- Participate in occupational health and safety communication and consultation processes.
- Record and present data using digital technology for routine workplace tasks.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Communications, Legislation and Safety (WATR 1050) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Fundamentals of Water and Wastewater Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Communications, Legislation and Safety (WATR 1050)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.