Acquiring effective communication and presentation skills will help advance your career and bring positive attention to your projects and ideas. In this course, you will review sample speeches, perform audience and purpose analysis for your own project, rehearse effective public speaking techniques, and deliver your final presentation to a wider audience. Students can present on a school project from one of their technical courses, an entrepreneurial idea, or a current work project.
- 3 credits of COMM 1100 level or above, or equivalent.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze audience needs and define achievable objectives considering the technical knowledge and interest of the audience.
- Practice and integrate a variety of presentation techniques.
- Design and implement effective visuals.
- Create rapport with the audience through strong introductions and conclusions.
- Integrate personal experience and examples to enhance credibility.
- Energize the audience through eye contact, gestures, and pacing.
- Manage audience questions and comments.
Effective as of Winter 2018
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Technical Presentations (COMM 7840)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.