- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Event Planning Professionals are more often than not, required to plan sustainable or "green" events as part of an organization's corporate social responsibility (CSR) goals. This course will introduce you to the new international sustainable event standards, and how to measure the environmental impact of an event. The marketing and communication of sustainable strategies and green positioning as well as the measuring and reporting on sustainable outcomes to event stakeholders will also be explored.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 1123 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Tue Nov 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 46269
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 28||Tue||09:30 - 12:30||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This is not a self-paced course – it is online synchronous delivery. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please check the following link to ensure you meet the computer requirements for the class. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/bcit-sobm-byod.pdf Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply international standards to events to monitor and report on their environmental impact.
- Manage sourcing and purchasing of environmentally friendly products and services, including disposal of consumable waste, emissions reduction, and the energy conservation initiatives of an event.
- Explain and predict the positive impact your Initiatives can make on the potential environmental impact of events.
- Analyze and inspire suppliers for best practices in the process of creating sustainable events.
- Develop a sustainable event plan that fits within an organization's CSR goals.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Sustainable Event Management Operations (MKTG 1123) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sustainable Event Management Operations (MKTG 1123)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.