Topics include design tables, sheet metal features, component design for volume manufacturing, advanced lofts, sweeps and the use of surfaces in a solid modeling environment. Advanced assembly techniques, drawing tools such as alternate views and the use of templates for drawing creation are also covered. The expectation is that students have current training/experience equivalent to introductory level SolidWorks. AICO 4048 SolidWorks 1 is recommended.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of AICO 4148 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 13 - Tue Nov 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 39143
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Nov 29||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Please note: The delivery format for this course changed from in-person/in-class to ONLINE DELIVERY for the Fall term. This is an instructor-led online course. Upon registration, please visit the Learning Hub (learn.bcit.ca). BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the advantages of parametric design.
- Employ advanced sketching tools in features.
- Execute modeling functions to create complex 3D solids.
- Utilize productivity improving commands like patterns and tables to create parts and assemblies.
- Organize bottom-up assembly models for improved utility.
- Employ top-down assembly practices in a variety of situations.
- Utilize drawing creation commands to create advanced 2D drawings.
- Develop templates for use in part, assembly and drawing creation.
Effective as of Fall 2003
SolidWorks 2 (AICO 4148) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technology
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of SolidWorks 2 (AICO 4148)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.