Covers part modeling, detailing and assembly design. SolidWorks is a feature based parametric solid modeler used for mechanical design and manufacturing. This course covers the basic functions needed to use SolidWorks to create parts, assemblies and production drawings. The expectation is that students have current training/experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) or Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Students should also be familiar with technical drawing.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of AICO 4048 for the Fall 2022 term.
Thu Sep 15 - Thu Dec 01 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 32375
Class meeting times
|Sep 15 - Dec 01||Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an instructor-led section that will be delivered ONLINE. Upon registration, please visit the Learning Hub (learn.bcit.ca) for information on obtaining access to the required software and course material. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the advantages of parametric design.
- Develop sketching techniques.
- Execute modeling functions to create 3D solids.
- Incorporate applied features and patterns into parts.
- Combine models into working assemblies.
- Employ bottom-up and top-down assembly practices in part design.
- Detail parts and assemblies in 2D drawing form.
Effective as of Fall 2003
SolidWorks 1 (AICO 4048) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technology
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of SolidWorks 1 (AICO 4048)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.