This course is designed to allow students to participate in Mitacs Industry Internships at BCIT as a registered student. All internships require an industry partner as well as a faculty supervisor. Students wishing to enroll in this course must obtain prior approval from the BCIT Applied Research Liaison Office (ARLO) email: email@example.com. For more information on Mitacs Internships please see www.mitacs.ca/en/programs#student. Students not wishing to participate in a Mitacs Industry Internship as a registered BCIT student can contact Mitacs directly for other opportunities.
- Students are required to secure an industry partner, faculty supervisor and Mitcas funding before enrolling in this course.
Below is one offering of APRE 0100 for the Winter 2023 term.
Sun Jan 01 - Fri Mar 31 (52 weeks)
- 52 weeks
- CRN 90948
Class meeting times
|Jan 01 - Mar 31||N/A||N/A||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
APRE 100 Mitacs Industry Internship requires prior Mitacs funding approval as well as a pre-approved industry partner/sponsor. For further information please contact the Applied Research Liaison Office (ARLO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze engineering, scientific and business publications.
- Properly define project scope.
- Select an appropriate research method.
- Prepare a research proposal including the research topic background information, research methods, and project milestones.
- Apply critical & creative thinking to a technical problem.
- Relate knowledge of the related technical discipline and private sector problem.
- Present results in a logical and professional manner.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mitacs Industry Internship (APRE 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.