- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing: From Concept to Creation, the course offers an in-depth learning experience for individuals interested in learning about the 3D printing process. Throughout the course, students delve into the entire process of additive manufacturing, starting from the initial concept to the final creation. They gain a solid foundation by understanding the history and definition of 3D printing, while also exploring the differences between 3D printing and traditional manufacturing methods. By delving into the pre-printing process, students learn about 3D modeling techniques and file formats, along with the latest advancements in 3D scanning technologies. They also gain insights into material properties and are introduced to a wide range of materials commonly used in 3D printing today, including plastics and metals. Through an in-depth exploration of different 3D printing methods and their properties, students will increase their competency at selecting the most suitable technique for their desired outcomes. In the later stages of the course, students learn about essential post-processing techniques, such as cleaning, heat treatment, bonding, and finishing, to ensure 3D printed objects meet the desired quality and specifications. With a deeper understanding of the AM workflow, the student will follow the entire process of planning the design, printing and finishing a product. Moreover, they explore the benefits and challenges of 3D printing, analyze its applications in various market segments, and examine real-world case studies to evaluate the value and impact of additive manufacturing. By the end of the course, students emerge with a deeper appreciation of the 3D printing process, it’s applications and potential to revolutionize the manufacturing industry.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of APRE 3500 for the Winter 2024 term.
Start any time
- 26 weeks
- CRN 91974
- Domestic fees $472.30International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 26 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing.
- Describe Principals of 3D modeling and 3D scanning
- Describe 3D Model pre-processing.
- Describe current 3D printing methods.
- Describe common 3D printing materials.
- Describe Post-printing processing methods.
- Describe Advanced Manufacturing workflow.
- Describe Manufacturing criteria and product planning best practices.
- Describe common applications that use 3D printing.
- Describe the benefits and challenges facing 3D printing.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing (APRE 3500)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.