- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The “Internet of Things”, or IoT, refers to the billions of physical devices around the world that are now connected to the Internet, all collecting and sharing data. Connecting all these different objects and adding sensors to them adds a level of digital intelligence to devices, enabling them to communicate real- time data without involving a human being. The IoT is making the fabric of the world around us smarter and more responsive, bridging the physical and digital worlds. The course is open to anyone interested in learning about the driving technologies empowering Smart Cities, Smart Transportation, Industry 4.0 (IIoT) and Digital Health. The course is geared for people who wish to explore career opportunities, upskill, or want to increase their understanding of digital transformation. It is also an excellent course for executives and decision makers who are called upon to evaluate and implement IoT solutions in a wide range of sectors – public and private. This course is designed to introduce learners to the use, benefits and impact of IoT not only in industry and business but in our day-to-day lives. Students will learn how data is communicated, collected, analyzed and abstracted, and delivered to the end user to make life safer, more efficient and to assist in achieving better data to make better decisions. The IoT Application Framework will be introduced as a practical application development and deployment roadmap to assist the end user in successfully implementing IoT solutions. Students will also learn some of the challenges inherent in setting up and using IoT effectively including cybersecurity concerns and privacy issues.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of APRE 5101 for the Winter 2024 term.
Start any time
- 26 weeks
- CRN 88830
- Domestic fees $490.48International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 26 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe IoTs’ role in bridging the physical and digital world
- Determine the key benefits of IoT
- Identify IoT Architecture and Design
- Describe the data needs of IoT applications
- Compare the communication criteria needed for IoT solutions
- Describe the value of analytics to IoT
- Identify the principles of IoT cybersecurity
- Evaluate case studies to determine an appropriate IoT solution
- Apply the IoT Application Framework to case studies
Effective as of Winter 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fundamentals of the Internet of Things (IoT) (APRE 5101)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.