AMRC 1016 provides an administrative framework to prepare the student to work as an Area Manager. This course introduces the various responsibilities of the Area Manager as they pertain to the application of the Highway Maintenance Agreement. This includes the fundamentals of the Highway Maintenance Agreement, and the supplementary resources available. The goal of this course is to encourage the Area Manager to reference the resource material and to become familiar with using and referencing the Highway Maintenance Agreement. The course begins with an overview of the major changes to the Highway Maintenance Agreement and contract terms since privatization started in 1988. The course discusses in detail the 2018–2019 Highway Maintenance Agreement and the role of the Area Manager in overseeing and administering the agreement services. This includes the Area Manager’s role in implementing the Highway Maintenance Quality Plan and the Contractor Assessment Program. AMRC 1016 introduces the requirements of the Highway Maintenance Contractor to collect and report data on work that has been completed according to the Maintenance Services Reporting Manual and the Audit and Monitoring Field Guide. The course familiarizes the student with the specialized terminology of the Highway Maintenance Agreement.
Below is one offering of AMRC 1016 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 67549
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you immediately after registering. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This class is restricted to students from the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, require department approval to register. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the historical development of the Highway Maintenance Agreements since privatization in BC
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Highway Maintenance Contractor in delivering the Services
- Describe the core principles of the Services and performance measures of the Specifications as outlined in the Agreement
- Explain the Road and Bridge Area Manager's roles and responsibilities pertaining to administering the Agreement
- Explain the components of the Highway Maintenance Quality Plan and the Contractor Assessment Manual
- Describe the role and responsibility of the area manager in the local assessment of the Contractor
- Explain the fundamentals outlined in the Maintenance Services Reporting Manual and the Auditing and Monitoring Field Guide
- Explain how to reference the Agreement, the supplementary resource materials, and the required regulations to be adhered to for all maintenance activities.
Effective as of Fall 2020
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Highway Maintenance Agreement (AMRC 1016)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.