This course provides students with a fundamental understanding of both residential wood frame construction and commercial steel stud construction. Students will produce a partial model for a variety of stages of wood frame construction. Field trips to commercial and residential construction sites will supplement lecture material.
Below is one offering of INTD 4120 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Sep 10 - Sat Nov 05 (8 weeks)
- 8 weeks
- CRN 48131
Class meeting times
|Sep 10 - Nov 05||Sat||09:00 - 12:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 411|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
If you wish to be placed on the INTD Department maintained waitlist for this Course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: your Name, Student Number, Course Number, and CRN. Waitlist requests are only accepted after 9:30am on registration day. ***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice. No class Saturday, October 8th - Thanksgiving weekend
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the structural components of a wood frame building.
- Build a model demonstrating wood frame construction at each building stage.
- Explain the differences between various types of interior wall partitions and the use of each, both residentially and commercially.
- Identify the basic components of steel stud construction in comparison to wood frame.
- Identify different stages of commercial or residential construction on site.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interior Construction and Renovation (INTD 4120) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Interior Construction and Renovation (INTD 4120)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.