Students will acquire advanced skills in digital illustration using SketchUp and rendering software through the application of advanced techniques in lighting, 3-D modeling and texturing to create photo-realistic images of interiors. Students will exhibit their proficiency of a professional presentation using an interior design project.
Below is one offering of INTD 3360 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Tue Mar 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 82893
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 28||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 347|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice. If you wish to be placed on the INTD department maintained waitlist for this course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: Your name, student number, course number, and CRN. Please note - waitlist requests are not accepted until after 9:30am on registration day.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Build detailed digital models of interior environments using advanced techniques in SketchUp Pro and supplementary software.
- Incorporate human forms to convey the scale of the space.
- Create visually-enhanced materials, colours and surface textures.
- Apply advanced lighting techniques to create photo-realistic interior illustrations and contextual surroundings.
- Create dynamic professional presentations that incorporates 2-D and 3-D drawings and animation.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Advanced Digital Illustration for Interior Design (INTD 3360) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Digital Illustration for Interior Design (INTD 3360)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.