This course covers the basics of Autodesk Revit for Windows as used in the Interior Design industry, from design through construction documentation. Students will be introduced to the tools and concepts of working with a fully parametric building model. As part of this course, the student will complete a small commercial project. Delivery of the course will concentrate on real world approaches and methodology rather than step by step procedures.
- 65% in INTD 4320
Below is one offering of INTD 3260 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Wed Jul 12 - Sat Aug 19 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 67311
Class meeting times
|Jul 12 - Aug 19||Sat||09:00 - 12:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 347|
|Jul 12 - Aug 19||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 347|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
If you wish to be placed on the INTD Department maintained waitlist for this Course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: Your Name, Student Number, Course Number, and CRN. Waitlist requests are not accepted until 9:30am on registration day.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compare/contrast the advantages of the BIM process with conventional CAD drafting.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Revit tools for performing the following tasks:
- Create levels and grids
- Work with views and sheets
- Model walls, floors, ceilings, windows, doors, furniture, etc.
- Basic family creation
- Produce schedules and legends
- Create colour fill schemes based on rooms and areas
- Worksharing with Revit and understanding workset fundamentals
- Detail millwork in drafting views
- Detail millwork in drafting views.
- Create a set of commercial working drawings in the Revit environment, based on a preliminary/conceptual design.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Revit for Interior Design (INTD 3260) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Interior Design
- Interior Design
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Revit for Interior Design (INTD 3260)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.